Green Deen Tribe 6 month Internship Program
We are a small team who work hard to create intentional spaces for the UK Muslim community which allows for deeper connection to nature grounded in Islamic spirituality and the revival of Earth stewardship in Muslim Communities.
Founded in 2017 by our umbrella organisation The Rabbani Project , The Green Deen Tribe is a not for profit who has facilitated several annual nature based retreats, events and campaigns including ethical swaps,eco Iftars, Green Market, Nature, Feminine and spirituality and green deen film nights as well as partaking in conversations around the need to decolonise and deconstruct ideas and spaces that have created obstacles to our personal connection and experience of nature.
Over the past few years the project has gained a huge momentum and we are now in need of support. The Green Deen Tribe (GDT) is seeking an intern or volunteer to help grow and develop our 2020/21 series of events and retreats.
We are looking for someone who is versatile, organised, passionate and has good people and communication skills. The right person is self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple tasks. The opportunity is ideal for someone who wants to combine their interest in Islamic spirituality with their passion for nature and the environment. Interns will be assigned a 6-month intern period, in which there will be opportunities to work with different aspects of various projects.
Some key responsibilities:
- Creating content for social media channels, particularly Facebook, Instagram and being a part of building our online community.
- Use platforms and mailing list to advertise and promote events. This may include scheduling post and creating content before, during and after an event
- Update and create events and content on booking platforms e.g. Eventbrite
- Writing for our website: blog posts and news stories
- Producing graphics and digital leaflets for our online campaigns and activities (desirable)
- Helping to organise and follow up basic logistics and registrations of events.
- An opportunity to offer hands on support to host various retreats and events.
Who would be ideal for this role:
- Good organisational skills and time management
- Ability to deal with enquiries via email and phone in a respectful and timely fashion
- Good English language skills (spoken and written)
- Confidence in completing administrative and logistical tasks
- Creativity and ability to take initiative
- Interest or a willingness to learn about nature, spirituality and environmental issues
- Someone who is willing to get ‘stuck in’ with the work of a small but growing not for profit
- Attended a previous TRP or GDT event desired but not essential
- prior experience in event support desired but not essential
- Understanding of all social media channels, particularly Facebook and Instagram, and experience using them in a professional context preferred but not essential
Please do not be overwhelmed by this list of desirable skills and experience. This is merely a suggestive list. We are mostly looking for someone who is inspired by the prophetic teachings and looking to explore the idea of Khidma (service) and creatively work in a way that nourishes your creativity, spirituality and service to the community and the Earth.
What we would like to offer you is:
- An enhanced cv
- An opportunity to work with a small but passionate and driven team
- A non judgemental space to explore and offer from your own creativity and experience
- There may be some opportunities for Facilitation training
- Make connections with other driven Muslims who share a passion for nature and spirituality
- Be involved in work that will be nourishing and embody service and stewardship
- Learn and deepening your own connection to Allah through nature. Learn from a range of facilitators and experienced individuals in the field of Green Deen.
When and where:
This is a six-month full-time internship with a desired start date in mid-January 2020 (optionally starting In February 2020). Some national travel may be required, particularly to London and various retreat spaces across the UK .A commitment of an estimate of 7-10 hours per week
Once a month face to face meetings with team
This is a voluntary position but travel expenses within budget will be covered.
Application process and deadline:
Application deadline is Friday 10th January ( Midnight). If you have a c.v please send it in and also fill in the application form below. If not please just fill in the application form.
We are only able to consider those over 18 years old.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Many Green Blessings to you all.
The Rabbani Project Team